You Are Here >> Home >> Accident Types >> Slips, Trips & Falls Accident Claims

An Accident in public is a common occurrence. It can occur anywhere including at home, in parks, in schools, on playgrounds, on trains, aeroplanes or on public roads and often in shops and supermarkets. Typical accidents often involve slips, falls or tripping over obstacles left on the floor.

When an accident in a public place takes place and another person is at fault, the victim is entitled to start a compensation claim. This claim is necessary to compensate for the suffering and losses that the victim has endured as a result of the accident.

In such circumstances it’s important to report the accident immediately to the relevant person whether it be the owner of a shop or the council if there is pavement defect, and obtain medical treatment.

As stringent time limits apply in personal injury claims it is important that you initiate your case for an injury in a public place within three years from the date of the occurrence of the accident. SIC can help you obtain compensation on a no win no fee basis.


Request a Call Back

Fill in the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Accident Types

I would just like to say thanks to the staff who have been first class explaining things to me all the way and keeping me informed.
Mrs C, Middlesbrough£20,000

What We Did For Our Client...

Mrs C whilst walking towards the bar area slipped on the wet floor of a public house whilst walking towards the bar area. She fell awkwardly causing a complex fracture of her right wrist. The insurers denied liability alleging the floor was dry and that Mrs C was drunk and jumping on the dancefloor. SIC obtained evidence refuting this and issued the claim at Court. Settlement was reached just prior to the trial when Mrs C was awarded £20,000.00.

Start Your No Win No Fee Claim Today

Start your No Win No Fee claim today. Simply complete the free Application Form and we will let you know straight away if you are likely to be legally entitled to compensation.

Whether you have suffered loss, injury or damage at home, on the road, at work, or in any other way due to no fault of your own, you may be entitled to significant damages at law for pain and suffering, loss of wages, repair costs or any other losses attributable to the accident.